11 January 2009

travel day.

I woke up this morning at four o'clock to start my long journey to Italy. It seems like yesterday when Italy was a distant thought, something I had months to prepare for. This day came very quickly and unfortunately am aware that my time in Italy will go by far too fast.
My whole experience leading up to today was new, exciting, sad, and overall a total whirlwind. I have never traveled outside of the country before, so that in itself was very intriguing. Then going through the process of getting everything prepared -- my passport, visa, documents, packing four months worth of stuff into two suitcases -- was hectic, a lot of checking and rechecking. However, I know it will all be worth it, and the craziness of preparing was nothing compared to what is now less than twenty-four hours away.
I am sad to leave home but so thrilled to be embarking on something new and unforgettable. This will be one more mile marker in my life, and I hope to have many more. I will miss all of my friends and family greatly, but it won't be long until I'm back and hopefully with a multitude of amazing stories to tell.
Five more hours in the Logan Airport and I will be on my way to Roma via Frankfurt. Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. Yay you!! Don't forget to give me an address to send you fun International mail!! I can't wait to read about your adventures :oD

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete