This weekend I celebrated my 21st birthday. We went out to a club, which was fun, just not my kind of scene. Give me a small bar and a pool table and I'm set. That's one thing that I've noticed more since I've been here -- most of the other students, besides getting school work done, only care about going out and partying. I really don't understand that typical college lifestyle. It was great to get all the birthday cards too, and it also made me miss home more.
I almost can't believe we've already been here for almost two months. The longer I'm here the more used to it I am and the more I love it here, but I am still very excited to go back to the States. A lot of people here talk about how they wouldn't mind just staying and living here, and that is not something I would really ever want to do. I would love to have a vacation home or something outside of the U.S., or just the opportunity to vacation here on occasion, but I enjoy permanently residing in the States better. It's most likely partially due to the fact that I am comfortable there, and feel at home there, but also there's so many places in America that I still want to see or simply continue to see on a regular basis.
Next week we are going to the Tuscany region, which I am very excited about. I opted to come back to Rome when the trip ends on Friday rather than stay the weekend, mainly just to save some money. The trip to Sicily after our visit to the Campania region ended up costing more than I had expected, and I am definitely staying after Venice because Kate is meeting me there that weekend and I cannot go to that region without seeing the Palladian Villas. If there's one thing I have to see in Italy before I leave, the Palladian Villas are it.
I need to get some homework done now, but I will update again as soon as I get back from Tuscany. Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment