05 March 2009

procrastination has gotten the best of me.

Although I have not fallen behind nearly as much as many of the students here in Rome, I realize that I have not been very punctual about keeping up with my blog. I feel like the pace of everything here has been much slower than I am used to, and because of that I've been having more time where it seems I don't have much school work to do so I just sit on the internet or watch a movie. I really need to find post-it notes, although I have yet to stumble across them in this country, and put them on my wall reminding me of all the little things that still need to be done. Those things, such as updating my blog, starting my digital portfolio, doing some reading, etc., never come to mind when I have "nothing" to do. I do have paper and tape, however. Even though we're not supposed to put anything on our walls because they're a few hundred years old I think I'm going to start my things to do notes on my wall, with tape, since I've already broken that rule anyways with my pictures from Martha and Dane.
Now for a recap of the past week or so. Naples was gorgeous as everyone might imagine. The vast countryside of hills and villas was one of the most picturesque things I've ever seen, but I have to say I'm not that eager to go back anytime soon. Siena and Florence were wonderful cities, but fairly small and very touristy. I still can't imagine actually living here forever, as many people here have said they would have no problem doing. I much prefer living in a culturally diverse country, and this preference stems mostly from food. I was discussing this last night with a friend as we were eating at a Chinese restaurant. I love being in Italy and having great Italian food, but I'm so excited to go to Barcelona and have Spanish food, and go everywhere else and have other kinds of food. I could never live off pasta and bread, even though back home I've probably said I could many times. Actually being in a place where that's true, I have definitely changed my mind. I will definitely be glad to be back in the states where I can have any kind of food I want. I also miss the atmosphere back home. Here in Italy you always have to go out to a pub or a discoteca to hang out and have fun. That's just not what I like to do. I'd much rather hang out at home or a friend's house with a small group of people and just have a good time. No massive amounts of creepy Italians, no dancing, no worrying about how you're going to get home.
Now I need to get some work done since I now have an extra three hours. I got up this morning at 7:30, showered and got ready, all to find that our walk today has been cancelled. I'm glad I am up and ready, however, because if I had found out about the walk last night like everyone else, I would have slept in today and not been able to get as much done as I can now. This will definitely help my whole procrastination issue.
Ciao! (And I will be posting again very soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment