03 April 2009

final week of real classes.

Our schedule here is pretty amazing. Two weeks of classes, one week of travel, two weeks of classes, etc. This week was our last week of classes. Now it's just Spring Break and design. Unfortunately something went funny with the schedule and our history final is after Spring Break -- kind of a downer, but I don't really care right now because I'm leaving for Vienna tomorrrow! 
This week was pretty good -- we had our last two walks for history, one that included the beautiful Villa Torlonia and another to Garbatella. Villa Torlonia is a 19th century villa that was also the home of Mussolini and his family. There was an adorable cottage on the property that is now a stained glass museum -- some of the most beautiful stained glass I have ever seen. It was nice to be able to look at the glass and have a few minutes break from everything architecture. Garbatella was also a nice change. Also from Mussolini's reign, it was built as Mussolini was tearing apart Rome and people were moving out of the city center. A wonderful, idyllic, garden neighborhood.
I also had my Italian exam this morning, and it was even easier than expected. I've never understood how people have trouble in foreign language classes. I've always found them very easy. Now I need to finish packing for my amazing Eastern Europe tour. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment