Goodbye, Rome. Hello, Boston.
30 April 2009
goodbye, rome.
After spring break I had very little motivation. At that point it was simply getting through the final two weeks before being able to return home. Took the history final, and have come to realize that even though that was definitely my worst class here as far as grades are concerned, I don't even care. I lived in Rome for four months. I traveled to Barcelona and throughout Eastern Europe. All of that for a less than perfect academic semester -- I'll take it. And from then until now our lives revolved around getting the most of out Rome in our final days and finishing studio. Studio here was definitely less intense than studio in Rome, mostly because they were more considerate of the fact that we actually have lives. They would move deadlines when they knew we had more strict deadlines in other classes, and they wanted us to enjoy Rome as much as possible while we were there. Even though I didn't really enjoy the design project this semester, I did enjoy the class and the professor. I will miss having Cinzia around. I think the final review went well. It isn't nearly as intense as they have been in the past, just as most things in Europe aren't nearly as intense as they are in America. Professors in America, and architects in America, should seriously consider removing the sticks from their butts, haha. Not that all Italians are very easy to deal with either. We had our design exhibition, our final dinner, and now it's time for departure. Rather than bussing us to the airport as they did when we arrived, we have to get to the airport on our own. I'm not a fan of paying for taxis. I'm also not a fan of our flight change -- it went from about 1:30 in the afternoon to about 6:30 am. That means none of us are going to sleep tonight, just going to head to the airport around 3:30 am, then be absolutely exhausted when we get Boston. Leaving Rome has me feeling both sad and excited. If I was actually going home to Florida and not just to Boston for summer school the excited part of me would probably be outweighing the sadness part. Right now they're closer to equal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment